canex immigration
Manitoba Business Investor Stream member logo
Our F.A.Q's section provides answers to Canada immigration questions relevant to particular Canada immigration categories

1 Is Work Permit different from a Immigration Visa?

A Work Permit allows an eligible individual to reside and work in Canada for a limited period of time, and restrictions are sometimes placed on the type of employment which can be pursued. On Contrary, a Canada Immigration Visa entitles its holder to live and work anywhere in Canada, enjoy many of the privileges of Canadian Citizenship, apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years and sponsor family members for Canadian Permanent Resident status.

2 Who can I include?

Your spouse/common-law partner/conjugal partner and any dependent children must be included in the application. Dependent children must be under the age of 22 years, or, if they are 22 and older, they must be full-time students and not have interrupted their education since the age of 22. Your dependents will be subject to medical and security clearance requirements. A change in family status after your application has been submitted may affect the processing of your application.

Parents generally cannot be included in your application, and cannot currently be sponsored for Canadian permanent residency. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has indicated that the parental sponsorship program will reopen on January 2nd, 2014. Parents and grandparents may, at this time, be eligible for the parent and grandparent supervisa.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada affords equal rights under the Canada immigration application process to same-sex partners.

3 Do Canada Immigration Regulations change regularly. How will I be affected?

Canada immigration regulations, laws and policies are constantly subject to change. To remain continuously informed on changes being made by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

4 Benefit of using an attorney for immigration?

Immigrating to Canada has over time become more and more complicated. Even though Citizenship and Immigration Canada permits you to submit a Canadian Immigration Visa Application on your own, statistically, your chances of succeeding are increased if a qualified Canadian immigration attorney represents you.

5 Qualification for a Canada Immigration Visa?

Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visas may be issued to federal and Quebec skilled workers, provincial nominees, people who have studied and/or worked in Canada, and business persons under Canada's economic immigration categories. Close family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be issued Canada Immigration Visas through family sponsorship. Finally, Canada issues permanent resident visas to qualified asylum seekers and certain individuals on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

6 When do I pay Canadian government fees?

Canadian government fees must be submitted concurrently with your Canadian Immigration Application and are refundable at any time before assessment of the application by a Canadian Immigration Visa Officer has begun. If any provincial fees are required they are payable at the time that your application is submitted to the province. The Right of Permanent Resident Fee may be paid at any time prior to the issuance of your Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa and is refundable if, for any reason, you do not become a Canadian Permanent Resident.

7 In what currency must I pay the Canadian government fees?

All applications for Canadian Permanent Resident Visas are submitted to designated intake offices in Canada and the government processing fees associated with these applications must be paid in Canadian dollars. The Right of Permanent Residency fee may, depending on the circumstances, be paid inside or outside Canada. If payable outside Canada, you should check with the Canadian visa office that is processing the application to determine the currency in which the Right of Permanent Residency fee must be paid. Applications for a Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa, Work Permit, or Study Permit are generally submitted to Canadian visa offices outside Canada and you should check with the Canadian visa office closest to you.

8 Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF)?

The principal applicant and accompanying spouse/common law partner must pay this fee at any time before their Canada Immigation Visa is issued. At this time, the Right of Permanent Resident Fee is set at CAD 490. The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is fully refundable if for any reason the principal applicant or accompanying spouse/common law partner do not land in Canada as permanent residents.

9 In what language must my supporting documentation be submitted?

Unless otherwise indicated by a particular Canadian Immigration Visa Office, all supporting documentation in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an English or French translation, as translated by a certified translator.

10 What is meant by the "locked-in" date?

A locked-in date is the date on which the Canadian Immigration Visa Office receives completed application forms and proper payment of the processing fees. The Federal Court of Canada has determined the locked-in date to be the date on which certain selection factors must be assessed.

11 Is a job offer required for immigration to Canada under the Skilled Worker/ Professional category?

No. You can qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa without a Canadian job offer if you have at least one year (within the last 10 years) of paid work experience in one of the 29 qualifying occupations.

Consultation & Advice
Enter Your Phone No
Enter Your Country Name
Enter Verification Code
Canex Immigration are specialist in Visa and Immigration services for Skilled Workers, Business Class intending to invest in Canada, Family immigration, Work Permit Visas, Canada Student Visas. We has served people from around the World, majorly from INDIA, SRI LANKA, BANGLADESH, PAKISTAN, MIDDLE EAST, SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT, DUBAI, NIGERIA, PHILLIPPINES. We offer Counseling, Free Evaluation and assessment services.
Apply Online