Manitoba Business Investor Immigration
Manitoba Business Investor Immigration
Manitoba is a Canadian province bordered with a landscape of lakes and rivers, mountains, forests and prairies stretches from northern Arctic tundra to Hudson Bay in the east and southern farmland. Most part of the wilderness is protected which have been converted into more than 80 provincial parks, where hiking, biking, canoeing, camping and fishing are all popular. A popular economy of Canada, Manitoba recruits and qualifies business investors and entrepreneurs from around the world who have the intent and ability to start or purchase businesses in Manitoba through the Business Investor Stream (BIS).
There are two pathways to validate an investor under this stream
- Entrepreneur Pathway for those who intend to open business in Manitoba
- Farm Investor Pathway for those who intend to invest in farm operations in rural Manitoba
As a new rule in BIS, it is important that the nominees will give equal importance to generating employment opportunities as much as expanding their business.
1. Business Investor Stream- Entrepreneur Pathway
This new program has replaced the previous MPNP-B stream. This pathway helps Manitoba Government to filter out the right candidates and nominate them. They can be from any part of the world. Such nominated individuals should be ready to move to Manitoba within initial 24 months. During this period of 24 months, they should decide the business in to which they would want to invest- it could be a running business or a start-up. Applicants will be granted a temporary residence permit with which they can do the needful. Applicants no longer need to deposit $100,000 to the Manitoba Government. To qualify under this stream
- You need to have a minimum of three years of full time work experience and such experience should be during the five years right before submitting the application and such experience should be of either as an active business owner or working in a senior management role of a successful business. Such Business owners must show their ownership of a minimum of 33 1/3% to qualify for points.
- You need to earn a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark/NCLC of 5
- You need to also qualify the eligibility criteria as defined by the MPNP- B Stream.
- You should have a minimum of a Canadian high school certificate or an equivalent
- There is no age bar, however, if you are between the age of 25 and 49 you get a higher ranking
You need make a minimum investment of
- a. $250,000 CAD if for business situated within the Manitoba Capital Region.
- b. $150,000 CAD if the business is situated outside of the Manitoba Capital Region,
- Business Investment must be made in an eligible business as defined by the MPNP.
- Your proposed business must generate a minimum of one job opportunity of locals in Canada. IF not, it should maintain at least one job. Such job opportunity should be provided to non-relatives of yours.
- Your business plan must be part of the application
- You need to conduct a Business research visit within one year from the date before submission of your Expression of Interest
- Your personal net worth should be a minimum of $ 500,000
- After an application is approved, a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) must be signed before the MPNP issues you a letter of support to apply for a work permit.
How to Apply
- Complete and Submit a self-Assessment Form
- Explore Manitoba and Research your Business Concept
- Submit your Self-Assessment and Business Concept forms to the MPNP
- Submit your full application to the MPNP after receiving a letter and email
- Your application will be assessed
- Operate your business in Manitoba
- The MPNP should be satisfied that you have adhered to the terms and conditions laid dawn as per the BPA. Only then will your certificate of nomination be released by MPNP.
- Once you receive the certificate of nomination, you can apply for your permanent residence with the Federal Government of Canada
With CANEX Immigration, as your principle guide, friend and help, you need not be overwhelmed with the documentation involved. We walk every step with you in your process of obtaining your Permanent Residency Visa through Manitoba Investment Program.
2. Business Investor Stream -Farm Investor Pathway
FIP or Farm Investor Pathway replaced the farm strategic recruitment initiative. Anybody who has farm business experience backed with sufficient capital to invest and is looking to move to Canada can apply under this stream. Such individuals should be ready to establish farm business in rural Manitoba.
To be eligible to apply under this stream
- You need to have a minimum of 3 years of farm ownership and operation experience. You will have to submit relevant documents to prove the same
- FIP recognizes your language capabilities in either French or English. It is important to accelerate your ability to adapt in rural Manitoba. If you are invited to attend a FIP interview, you will be required to conduct the interview in either French or English.
- You must invest a minimum of $300,000 CAD in rural Manitoba. Your investment should align with the MPNP rules
- Your business plan must be part of your application
- You need to visit Manitoba and do your research before submitting your application
- You will have to live in the farm and participate in the day to day activities of the farm management
- You must demonstrate adaptability towards practical farming skills and technical knowledge
- Your net worth should be a minimum of $ 500,000 CAD
- You must also qualify under the MPNP
Once your application is processed and qualified, you will receive a nomination from MPNP after which you can apply for your Permanent Residency Status from Canada Federal Government.
Through all this process, CANEX Immigration will be your strength and guide to help you at every step of yours.